Messia - Guido Ceronetti
First edition in Italian. Limited edition of 56 copies typeset by hand, numbered and letterpress printed.
Poems and proses dedicated to the figure of the Messiah. Written by Guido Ceronetti, Ionesco, Virgil, Eraclitus, Isaiah, Black Elk, Rimbaud, Bloy, Beckett, Joyce, Mansour, Sibony.
(*) no additional charge will be applied
Shipping costs calculated at checkout
This is one of 56 numbered copies typeset by hand and letterpress printed on mould-made pure-cotton Johannot paper.
Introduction by the author. Poems and proses related to Messanic themes written by Guido Ceronetti. They are followed by proses on the same topic, selected and translated by the author, which were written by Ionesco, Virgil, Eraclitus, Isaiah, Black Elk, Rimbaud, Bloy, Beckett, Joyce, Mansour, Sibony.
Volume in 8vo oblong format, of 128 pages typeset by hand in 12 point Tallone types, designed by Alberto Tallone, cut by Charles Malin in Paris and cast by Radiguer.
Numbered and limited edition typeset by hand in original foundry types and letterpress printed on very fine exclusive papers, made to last. Each copy is sewn by hand and it is individually numbered and signed by the publisher.
Due to its unique features, this fine-press book is a coveted collector’s edition and a sophisticated gift idea, entirely handset in movable types.
Tallone timeless books are strictly handmade according to the highest tradition of manual typography, fine printing and handmade bookmaking, and are meant to last.
Tallone collectible books are a symbol of made in Italy: they are the only ones in the world typeset by hand and totally handmade in the most ancient typographic studio in the world, in activity since the 18th century.
317 copie were printed, of which:
- 170 numbered copies, printed on wove off-white Magnani paper, made of pure cotton in Tuscany, numbered from 51 to 170 (sold out);
- 50 copies numbered from 1 to 50, printed on wove white Magnani paper made in Tuscany, which include an original graphic print by Ugo Nespolo, made in stencil technique, inspired to Black Elk’s words (images and prices on request);
- 56 numbered copies printed on mould-made pure-cotton Johannot paper;
- 23 numbered copies, printed on pure-cotton handmade Umbria paper, handmade in Fabriano (images and prices on request);
- 18 numbered copies, printed on Gampi paper, handmade in Japan (images and prices on request);
The volume is housed in a hand-made slipcase and box, custom made to an exact size, whose exteriors are covered with Ingres paper. The book title is letterpress-printed on the slipcase’s spine.
- Size (cm)
- Number of pages
- Total print run