L’Infinito - Giacomo Leopardi
Limited edition of 31 copies typeset by hand in movable types, letter by letter, and letterpress-printed.
Poem commented by Davide Rondoni, who unveils the secrets and meanings of this universal sonnet.
(*) no additional charge will be applied
Shipping costs calculated at checkout
This is one of 31 numbered copies printed on heavy white Magnani handmade paper.
Poem commented by Davide Rondoni, who unveils the secrets and meanings of this universal sonnet, which sees the nature of man realized in the relationship with the infinite.
Volume (10.5x16.5 cm) of 63 pages typeset by hand in Garamond types, cast in Paris by Deberny & Peignot.
Limited and numbered print-run of 142 copies, printed on Italian deluxe pure-cotton papers, handmade following traditional methods.
The number of movable types handled for the typesetting of this book, make it an exceptional endeavor in the contemporary printing scene.
Printed on very fine paper and sewn by hand, this edition is handmade in the most ancient typographic studio in the world still in activity, where tradition and modern aesthetic combine to give the best possible reading experience.
Neither monotype nor linotype are used. Tallone Press also do not print from plastic plates (photopolymer), which are derived from digital compositions. These typesetting systems from a keyboard are improperly passed off as manual typography.
Moreover, for a total of 142 copies, this book comes in the following editions (prices and images on request):
- 58 copies printed on light-blue Magnani handmade paper, whose watermark reads "Le Carte” (our of run);
- 25 copies on ivory-colored Magnani handmade paper, distinguished by the presence of a watermark which reads “Le Carte”;
- 16 copies on cream-colored Roma paper, handmade in Fabriano;
- 9 on rough-surface Magnani handmade paper;
- 3 copies on original late 18th-century laid paper, handmade in the epoch when the poet Giacomo Leopardi lived. This paper, produced in Tuscany, is distinguished by the presence of the typical three-lilies watermark.
The volume is housed in a hand-made slipcase and box, custom made to an exact size, whose exteriors are covered with Ingres paper. The book title is letterpress-printed on the slipcase’s spine.
- Size (cm)
- typeset by hand in Garamond types, cast in Paris by Deberny & Peignot.
- heavy white Magnani handmade paper.
- Number of pages
- Total print run
- Weight (kg)